Thursday, October 17, 2013

Hand Springs: In the can

Principle Photography has been completed and all 3 SD cards have been uploaded, and backed up onto two external drives. I have also uploaded all of the audio files off the Tascam, and yes, backed those up as well. When dealing with computer files there is almost no way to be over-careful. this I learned one morning when I woke-up, came down stairs only to find that as we slept, some criminal entered our home, grabbed two Mac Book Pros, my mom's purse, and assortment of other items, then used our Audi as their "Get-a-way car." Insurance paid for things that were lost, but my Mac Book had my 98% completed movie "Project Shoeshine," all 380Gigs and over 1,000 hours of work. Thanks to back-ups, I was able to retrieve all of the data.

After a careful check of every clip, and assembling a ruff cut, I found a few "B" roll images that I wanted to re shoot. Two involved exterior shots of the car driving down streets needed to make room for the length of the voice-over dialogue; so once again I had to get the car washed to keep continuity. The car wash had a long line, I'm rather patient except when I'm counting down hours of remaining light, especially when I know this will be the last weekend before the leaves change. I'm happy to say I got the final outdoor footage done in time to keep the lighting consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment